Sunday, March 25, 2012

Transition Looming

With six weeks left of classes and a half week of finals, reality is swiftly and surely setting in. Conversations about what I have come to learn over the past four years, how I have grown, and what the future has in store are becoming all the more prevalent.

While I will, without hesitation, admit to plenty of fears about the uncertainties which lie ahead, I am moving into the next chapter of life with full confidence that I'm going to be alright. Faith, family, and friends will be there for me through the inevitable challenges that will arise. Also, I know that the difficult times with be counteracted with just enough, if not an overwhelming amount of joyous memories that will undoubtedly keep me going.

I must constantly remind myself that even though I only have a short amount of time left here, I still have six weeks to make the most of my college experience. It's easy, especially during a time leading up to a big change, to think about how things are going to be different when the change comes about; the choice that I am trying to challenge myself to is to be consciously present in the here and now. Dwelling too much on the future (or the past for that matter) is dangerous because I have found that when I do that, I can't enjoy the moment. And then I miss it altogether.

I continue to grow and understand more and more. I think the most significant lesson that I have learned over the past four years is that, whether in the classroom or in life, I will always be learning. New experiences will present new challenges and new discoveries which will lead to increased wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment