Thursday, April 12, 2012

A Little Love Can Change It All

Entering into the final month of my senior year, I have been thinking a lot about what wisdom I would like to pass on to those behind me. I do not wish to share the wisdom because I think that it's better than what others have gained in their owns lives, in fact, I have learned a great deal from people who are younger than I am; however, simply going by numbers, with age comes life experience, with life experience comes wisdom. This wisdom is enhanced by reflection, something that I have become quite fond of over the past few years.

If I had to narrow my thoughts to share just one huge life lesson, it would be this: let my life serve as a witness to the love of Christ. I certainly will not claim perfection here. I want others to know that they are loved. Violence, depression, suicide, and other related issues are all effects that sprout from, I believe, the roots of people not feeling loved. I desire, in any small way that I can, to show people that there is SOMEONE who recognizes them and cares about their well-being. A little bit goes a long way. I know the difference that a small act of love makes in my life, and so I want my words and actions to provide that for others. And if they know that I can love them in some small way, I want people to know that that is but a glimpse of the love that Jesus has for them. If we all devoted half the time to this as we do to aimlessly complaining about everything that is wrong in the world, I wholeheartedly believe that we'd see a vast turnaround in the morale of the world. Small scale beginning with enormous potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment